Good Afternoon!! for today’s challenge ..I will be talking about who / what inspires me the most. I would have to say that as far as the who inspires me the most….I would have to give that one to God. He and his son Jesus Christ gives me the strength as well as the motivation to keep going on. I have found that he has shown me alot, he has allowed things to come to make me a better person…a better woman. He has been my hiding place. As far as the what inspires me ?? Ummm it honestly can be anything..at anytime.
- I dont like the color pink.
- I get easily embarassed.
- I can be sensitive.
- I am territorial over the people I like.
- Joshua is my favorote book of the Bible.
- I love white roses.
- I remember faces better than names.
- I want a kid but Im not a children person lol
- I rather be hot than cold.
- I got a tattoo at the age of like 15-16
Hey guys!! For todays challenge “throwback thursday” actually throwback friday forreal …I decided to share this random picture from last year when I went to jamaica. I had just got done paddleboarding for the first time . It was interesting but yall my knees were …..LORD lol ..I couldnt stand up on the board I fell everytime which was funny in itself so I had to do it on my knees…its definitely a workout lol
Morning😁 I honestly dont know how to feel about giving details about a typical day because THERE ARE WIERDOS OUT THERE…so Ima try to keep it as vague as possible 🤣🤣😅
- 6:45am-“wake up & pray” alarm goes off. It’s usually loud enough to wake me but I still snooze it AT LEAST once lol
- 7am- “Thank you Jesus for another day” is the first thing that comes out of my mouth before I pull myself outta bed it has become a habit.
- 7:35am ish- by this time I am rushing out the door with my coffee hoping that I make it to work on time. I usually evaluate this by using landmarks on my way to work “if I am at this point by this time Im good” lol forever rushing.
- 8am ish – work begins..and it is intertwined with blogging, texting and even reading a scripture lol but some days are more productive than others.
- End of day- the day has gone…” thank you lord for seeing me safely home” is what I say as I enter my home and place my keys on the hook. I am usually on the phone or just watching TV until I dose off to sleep.
Good afternoon!! God is so good yall!! How are yall feeling today?? I hope you all are good… if you are reading this it shows you are here and alive and thats something to be thankful for!! So todays challenge is 7 lessons I have learned so far this year. Honestly? I dont have 7 lessons ( bare with me lol) but I do however have 4 so far and they are:
- There’s benefits of being in the single season- so I have been single for about 5 years now and there have been moments where I get lonely and I think about how it SEEMS like everyone around me is either pregnant, getting pregnant, getting engage , or already married and here I stand…alone. It also doesnt help when you are almost 30 and that “biological clock” starts to have you thinking….HOWEVER this year I am starting to embrace being single. Theres so much I have learned about myself. I believe I have matured as a woman. Theres so much I have enjoyed while being by myself even down to living alone…being able to just up and go…being on my OWN time…having that one on one time with God and even myself. Self love is the best love.
- When God got you satan can’t get you- THIS i just learned yesterday. I have been dealing with fear and anxiety. I just was scared all the time , thinking something was gonna happen to me. It would come randomly to the point where I would just …omg just cry. I would pray and declare the word of God while doing so but it just wouldnt shake totally. So yesterday I was like let me go and talk to my pastor. She made a valid point and a 💡 came on. She said “fear and anxiety is a way for satan to torment us. When satan cant get to us thats what he does. If he could get to us he would have already got you” and I’m like ” thats a good point” and from the moment I took that and now I am like God got me at the end of the day. Whenever it tries to come I will speak aloud to it letting Satan know fear and anxiety aint mine! And bind and rebuke it in JESUS NAME. So that was refreshing to know and Ima keep it in mind…God is truly my hiding.
- Fitting in just aint worth it- being who you are supposed to be is so much easier. Now dont get me wrong I am just now starting to learn this and try my best to not try to fit in to whats trending cause you lose yourself and if you already dont know who you are it makes finding yourself MUCH HARDER ..you get lost. Another thing is I dont wanna be something or have something for popularity or recognition from others.
- Dont focus on the “do’s & dont’s ” when living for christ focus on letting God lead you- As christians we can get religious..thinking we have arrived because we dont do certain things anymore ..sometimes too being religious like that can eventually cause one to stray cause its not from the inside. I learning what letting go and lettibg God means..how that takes patient and even faith. Its not as hard as I always thought it would be.
Again I almost forgot to tackle today’s challenge and for a second there, I was about to throw something on right quick just for a good picture but then Im like nope! I been lounging around all day..SUPPOSED to be doing my hair soo let me just be honest and put this up lol. My true OOTD honey lol.. I also been on the phone most of the day just having convos about getting married and what would we want and so forth and I remember writting down what I would want (the colors, the bridal party, etc) but some where along the line I just begin to just say I’ll just go to the courthouse and call it a day. But once I got off the phone I started thinking about why have I truly resulted to that?? what changed my mind?? why have I given up the dream of having a beautiful wedding?? A husband?? have I just grown cold of the idea??…have I giving up? Do I subconciously believe that its not gonna happen for me?? Is it about the money?? what is it?? To me theres clearly a issue here. Its alot of think about and to face and process. So here I am as I lean in my bathroom trying to figure this all out lol
I almost forgot this challenge already! But God! Lol. ANYWAYS because today is friday ima just swap the thrusday for today…friday. I am thankful honestly for still living. The first thing that comes out of my mouth when I wake up everyday is “thank you Jesus for another day”. Alot of deaths have taken place around me this year and its scary to know that one day it has to happen to us. So I am thankful to be able to be alive and to live despite of what the day may bring good or bad
I seen this image and decided to do another challenge!! Sooo lets get right into it. Day 1| your goals for October.
My goals this month include One: not to eat fast food and lower my sugar intake. Although Wendy’s is EVERYTHING it shouldnt be everything almost everyday. I been eating out alot because I just been too lazy to cook something smh. But this month?! Healthy cooking is happening!! And in my coffee I will be substituting the sugar with a healthier sweetner. I usually dont use regular sugar but I had started back up using it in my coffee and spaghetti this past September..but these random pimples on my face is like “Nope, dump it sis”. Moving along, Two, asking and obtaining more patience for others. My tolerance level is non existent. I’m very easily annoyed. My job involves alot of interacting with people and that sometimes is hard because people say and ask the dumbest questions and I try so hard not to judge but at that moment? Its like “geez..really?” so yeah I wanna pray and ask for more patience and not only outwardly be polite but from the inside show the love and mercy that God gives me to others. Three? I wanna get closer to God..I wanna direct my focus even more on him, and my purpose. To find out why I was put here on earth? What am I supposed to be doing forreal? Who the heck am I ?? You know? I honestly dont wanna fit in anymore. I dont wanna appear how everyone is appearing these days..I wanna be me the way he wants me to be. So those three goals are what I have for myself to pursue and conquer. Do you guys have any goals? Whether big or small? Something you KNOW you need to do? Something you KNOW you need to change inside of you? Whatever it may be challenge yourselves this month to go hard after it. Praying about it, seeking God for direction about it, accept and put forth the effort it takes to after it, and even accept if you not supposed to go after it. Somethings ainy for everyone and thats okay. We all have our own marathon to finish!! But we are all in this together!!
Grief. Everyone has their way of dealing with it. I honestly never experienced it before. I have been blessed to not have to until that day. That morning. Thursday. I was sleep when my mom called and told me. When she said there was a death I honestly cant recall who I had in mind if anyone but when she said his name. Ugh. I was sad. Sad about how it happened. That it even happened. I wasnt in contact with him like that but still I felt the lost. I felt sad and sorry. I even felt fear.He was like my brother. I just wish it was all a lie.A prank. I rather be mad about that than sad about this. I wanna feel better but I feel too that he may be forgotten when I do feel better. It has been easier but still. It’s sad.It’s really unsettling. I want this to go away. For him to still be here. Grieving to me is worse when you are alone and by yourself. Your mind replays the incident, what you heard about it, the memories, what may remind you of them, the last time you seen the person etc. I heard its a process, and I am actually kinda suprised as to how this loss has really had its effect on me. We were closer growing up than we were before he passed but I guess the love I have for him makes it hurt so bad. Ima get through it yall, Ima be good at the end of the day but I just dont wanna forget him either.
I am on a roll ..back to back blog posts lol praise God
So in my last post ( Is the gain in vain) I had touch a little bit on how christians are often judged by people and I told y’all that, that topic was for another blog post and I actually wasn’t going to blog about it until some time in the future until I seen a snapchat post by my oldest sister and I was COMPELLED to blog about it …..NOW!
It is such a double standard when it comes to being judged. People always talk about how christians are so judgmental and how they are hypocrites because of how they may have been treated by a so called christian when they attended a church. My thing is, well what about the christians who are judged as well by unbelievers because of what another christians has done? what about the christian who holds a title who is judged for little things such as wearing ripped jeans??? what about the christian who doesn’t push their beliefs on others but are judged just because they choose to believe in Jesus Christ as their SAVIOR instead of a “mere prophet”? what about us? It honestly is frustrating… because A CHURCH acted like or treated someone a particular way, they swear off all christians and even Jesus Christ as if we ALL GO to the church that caused their bad experience.
I am not excusing the foolery that goes on among some so called christians and churches, but it’s important that we don’t judge other christians based on other christians’ actions. You( if the shoes fit) never met EVERY CHRISTIAN in the whole wide world so how can you make that assumption that WE ALL are the same?? if you don’t want us to judge you for not believing and being the way you are, practice what YOU PREACH and STOP judging us too because of who we choose to be. WE ALL ARE NOT THE SAME. WE WERE NOT BRAINWASHED OR FORCED BY THE WHITE MAN TO SERVE JESUS CHRIST. IT’S OUR CHOICE. IT’S PERSONAL. WE ALL DON’T BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST IS WHITE. TO BE HONEST I DON’T CARE WHAT COLOR HE IS, HE CAN BE ORANGE FOR ALL I CARE, IT DOESN’T TAKE AWAY FROM WHO HE IS TO ME. WE ALL ARE NOT HYPOCRITES. JUST BECAUSE WE LIKE FASHION AND TO LOOK GOOD (in moderation of course) DON’T MEAN WE AIN’T HOLY. EVERY CHURCH ISN’T OUT TO GET YOUR MONEY. WE ALL AREN’T JUDGMENTAL OR HOMOPHOBIC.SOME OF US DO TRULY LOVE EVERYONE. SOME OF US TRY OUR BEST TO WALK AS JESUS DID FOR HE CAME FOR THE POOR AND UNBELIEVING.ALL OF US DON’T CLAIM TO BE PERFECT. ALL OF US DON’T KICK A MAN WHEN HE IS DOWN. ALL OF US DON’T THINK WE BETTER THAN EVERYONE CAUSE WE SAVED. WE SHOW MERCY AS GOD HAS DONE THE SAME TO US. so, just RESPECT OUR WALK. RESPECT OUR BELIEFS. STOP PUTTING US IN THE SAME CATEGORY.